What is Building Information Modelling? (BIM)
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is the process of managing building elements and spaces using a virtual building model. Unlike traditional 2D drafting and 3D modelling, Building Information Models are rich in co-ordinated, reliable data.
As the project progresses, more information is added into the model. The more information the model has, the closer our virtual building represents the future building on site.
What can BIM deliver?
The benefits of a project commencing using Building Information Modelling workflows are many. Co-ordinated drawings, schedules and 3D visualisations are the most immediate bonuses, but the model can deliver other less obvious information too.
- Solar studies, energy analysis and area schedules can be very quickly trialled on very early stage massing models
- Rapid design changes can be instigated on models that are being prepared for a planning submission
- Models can be quickly transferred into visualisation programs to provide very high quality animations
- Design options can be explored and projects phased
- The building can be developed in much closer collaboration with steel and service engineers, resulting in less site re-working, waste materials and costly labour.
Why Pozzoni BIM?
Our continued investment in BIM since 2006, demonstrates our full commitment to the new workflows and challenges that BIM presents.With our wealth of in-house knowledge and experience, all new-build and suitable refurbishment projects are instigated in our BIM environment.
Clients, contractors and the design team become more involved, have more confidence and extract more value.
To find out more about how Pozzoni BIM can support your project click on our case studies. To discuss a project contact Pozzoni on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 928 7848 and ask for Mark Stodgell (IT Director) / James Savage (BIM Manager)