Other projects within this sector
Great Homer Street, Liverpool
Pozzoni has created the masterplan to regenerate a 50-acre area of north Liverpool
Pozzoni was commissioned in 2003 to design the masterplan for what will be the largest regeneration scheme Liverpool has ever seen. The 50-acre site between Great Homer Street and Scotland Road has suffered a lack of investment and subsequent decline over the past 40 years. The project will create a new district centre for inner north Liverpool.
The redevelopment will breathe new life into the area and provide the local community with a sustainable future.
The proposed scheme
The masterplan is a product of extensive consultations with the local planning authority, Government Office North West, CABE, local community organisations, end users and the public. Results of the public consultation showed the local community to be 92% in favour of the plans.
Already the scheme is being heralded as a shining example of best practice in private/public sector partnership. Phased implementation should see the project starting in 2013.
The scheme will provide:
- New retail, including a 110,000 sq. ft. Sainsbury’s and a market hall
- Contemporary community facilities, including a library
- PCT health provision and care facilities
- Public realm improvements and pedestrian routes, allowing the area to develop more cohesive relationships with surrounding areas
- Leisure facilities
- Notre Dame school
- 300 residential units
- 70,000 sq. ft. of employment space
The scheme obtained outline planning permission in 2007. The compulsory purchase process is now taking place. This is due to complete in November 2012.
Great Homer Street key features
- Pozzoni has created the masterplan for the regeneration of a 50-acre area of north Liverpool, creating a new district area
- Mixed-use scheme, providing health, education, retail and employment facilities
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 928 7848
St Modwen Developments